Judging by the geography of product supplies, Torgmash OJSC is widely known in thousands of cities in more than 50countries, and even more if taking into account the fact of regular participation in the international exhibitions and fairs.
And everything started from 1944. After the liberation from the Nazi occupiers on July,20 small repair shops were organized in the town. About 20 people worked there engaged in repairing of mill equipment and also in manufacturing and repairing of non-standard equipment for food industry enterprises.
Since September, 1 1946, these repair shops were renamed into repair and engineering plant for production of ploughshares, moldboards and hammers. Since 1947 the plant started producing shingle machines and circular machines, and in 1948 began producing fire pumps. The section for production of various hardware, including padlocks was organized.
New milestone in the history became 1957, when the plant had mastered production of industrial fans, and released them 500 pieces for a year. In the same year the plant was renamed into the fan equipment plant.
Since October, 1, 1960, the plant was renamed into trade engineering plant and began to specialize in production of equipment for catering and trade enterprises, such as meat grinders, potato peelers, vegetable cutters, grating machines, coolers, and household meat mincers and vegetable cutters as well.
In 1963 foundry and assembly shops were built, and the construction of the new industrial building began.
In 1967 production of the batch-operated potato peelers MOK-16, MOK-50 was mastered. These machines were shown at the International Industrial Exhibition “Infoodtech” in Moscow and were awarded a diploma of I degree.
Since 1967, the plant became the leading enterprise of Belorussian Production Association of trade engineering Belorustorgmash . In 1987 the Association had established a special Design Bureau for working out new equipment and modernization of machines produced.
The plant started deliver products not only to cities of the Soviet Union, and also to 29 countries, including Canada, Finland, the Netherlands, Austria, India, Denmark, Argentina, Eastern Europe countries and a number of developing ones. Among the exported equipment included meat grinders MIM-250 and MIM-500, potato peelers MOK-250 and MOK-350, vegetable cutting machine MRO-350, and cooler ShH-0,56.
Products of the plant were exhibited on the international shows and fairs. Vegetable cutter was highly appreciated by experts at the show Inteko-82 held in Czechoslovakia. In 1995 within the international project “For successful economic survival and development in a socio-economic crisis” our enterprise was awarded the International commemorative “Torch of Birmingham”.
Due to the State reregistration in the Republic of Belarus in 2000 the plant was registered as the Republican Production Unitary Enterprise Torgmash and it was included in the Unified State Register of legal persons for the number200166490.
Torgmash OJSC is situated in the southwestern part of Baranovichi, and to date it has all the necessary transportation and engineering utilities. Railway tracks, adjoining to the station Baranovichi-Central, are driven to the enterprise. Production areas of the enterprise occupy 11,67 ha and are placed in 5 main buildings.
There are 4 main workshops at the enterprise: foundry, machinal, blank production, welding and assembly shops, and a number of service shops and sectors, such as instrumental and experimental, electromechanical, transport and others. In addition, a shop for the production of consumer goods was organized. There is an own boiler house which generates heat not just for the plant`s needs, but also for other enterprises.
About a thousand people work at the enterprise. Women are 40% of them. Every fifth of the working is younger than 30 years old.
Today our enterprise have set the main task – to develop and master the production of high quality advanced equipment for food processing, required by Customers.
There are all conditions for that: creativity, production facilities, and qualified staff.